As an animal lover, knowing that there are abandoned or neglected pets in your community can be tough. If this is a problem in your area, take action. There are many ways you can help animals in your hometown. Here are some resources to inspire you and get you started.
Enhance your and your pet’s health with holistic services from All Well Beings!
Find Causes to Donate To
Look up charitable causes in your community and beyond.
- Use an online database to find animal causes in your area.
- If there aren’t a lot of charities nearby, check out this list of national causes to which you can donate money.
- If you don’t have a lot of cash to give yourself, consider hosting a fundraiser to raise money for your charity of choice.
- If you do make a charitable donation, hold on to the receipt, as you may be able to claim it as a tax deduction.
Look for Non-Monetary Ways to Offer Your Support
Support doesn’t always have to be financial. Try these tips to help in non-monetary ways.
- Get inspired by these ideas for ways to support animal charities, like volunteering to walk dogs or foster pets.
- Donate helpful pet supplies like food and water dishes, high-quality muzzles and leashes, and more.
- Plan a donation drive and gather supplies that can be given to charities.
- Raise awareness about animal causes in your area and get them the support they need using tools like social media.
Found an Animal Charity of Your Own
If there aren’t animal charities in your area, follow these steps to start one yourself.
- Write a business plan detailing what services or products you’ll offer, how your organization will be run, and what kind of structure it will be.
- If your state permits it for nonprofits, register as a formal LLC to limit your liability and gain tax benefits.
- Raise the money you need to finance your business.
If you see neglected pets in your area, you want to do all you can to help. However, you can’t take every animal you see into your own home! Rest assured, there are other ways to make a difference. The above roundup of resources has some ideas to inspire you.